Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Creative Writing: Darkness and Light


Darkness came in secret
But obviously
He was an evident whisper
Like water so hot it becomes freezing
His gentle grip tightened
And I became ensnared

Darkness
A cloak of nothing
Nothing with nothing hands
Nothing hands that hold me tight
Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
How can I escape this Night,
This Nothing
This Darkness

I fought

I pounded on the Nothing knuckles
Squeezing me
I clawed at the Nothing fingernails
Pricking me

But Darkness is only defeated by Light
And Light cannot be found in Nothing

But as I struggled
I saw a glimmer
Small at first
But then thousands

Light in the Nothing?
How could this be?
But it was there
A sparkling invitation to Life

So the Light shone through the Darkness
And Darkness was defeated
For little did Darkness know
That Nothing is the place of the stars
Stars that give hope
And Light that sets me free

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Kate! Your writing is beautiful. :-)

    wordspassingyouby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Candence thank you!! I enjoyed writing it. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Kate. Once again the Lord brought me to your profile and the blog post. Your blog post on Darkness and Light and composition is awesome. May the Lord continue to grant you wisdom to compose poems on the topics that would reveal the Creator's character. I did write you an email on 18th October and shared with you the opportunity you can have of coming to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us in the slums of Mumbai, India amongst poorest of poor. We reach out to the them with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs.I will be so happy if you could respond to my email. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete